Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Public Beta Now Available
Adobe today announced the availability of Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5 beta for Windows® and Mac. Adobe Lightroom is the essential photography workflow application allowing photography enthusiasts and professionals to enhance, organise and share photos. The Lightroom 5 beta offers a free, public preview of new features and tools that will be offered in the final release, expected later this year.
“Lightroom is the essential tool for busy professional and discerning amateur photographers, who are uncompromising in the pursuit for image quality or searching for artistic expression, “ said Winston Hendrickson, vice president of digital imaging products, Adobe. “The Lightroom 5 beta is highly valuable in ensuring the new features support and address the needs of our customers and we look forward to hearing feedback.”
Lightroom 5 beta offers photographers and enthusiasts many new features including:
- Advanced Healing Brush allows users to heal imperfections and remove distracting elements
- Upright tool analyses an image to automatically level horizons and straighten objects like buildings to correct a keystone effect
- Radial Gradient tool creates off-centre or multiple vignette effects
- Smart Previews allow customers to edit images without needing the original raw file
- Video slideshow enables customers to combine still images, video clips and music in a creative HD slideshow
- Upgrades to the Book module enhancing the ability to create, customise and order elegant photo books using a variety of tailored templates
Lightroom 5 beta marks the fifth consecutive version Adobe has offered the software for public preview and testing prior to the final release. Adobe encourages customers to provide comments through its community forums on both new and legacy features. Feedback offered may be integrated into updates added before the final version of the software is released.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 beta is available immediately as a free download on both Windows and Mac athttp://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5/. Customers can submit feedback on the community powered feedback site:http://feedback.photoshop.com. Customers can also connect with the Lightroom team directly on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lightroom), via Twitter (www.twitter.com/lightroom) or on the Adobe Lightroom blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal). For Lightroom how-to videos, visit http://www.youtube.com/lightroom.