In essence I have a problem printing from this printer if I change anything in the print preferences, for example print quality or paper quality / size etc...
When I print from a standard word document or from a photographic package, as long as I use all the default settings and do not alter anything, all is well. However, if I try and change the print quality to Best or change the type of printing to for example Borderless Photos or change the quality or size of the media, when I press print the following occurs:
1) A print job appears on the PC.
2) The printer's power light flashes to acknowledge the print job.
3) The printer whirs into life in preparation to take the paper.
4) The print job disappears from the PC.
5) The printer's light stops flashing and all goes silent!!!
No paper is taken through or attempts to go through.
So far I have:
1) Downloaded the driver from HP and also used the discs, several times.
2) Tried the printer on 3 separate PC's. (Same problem occurs)
3) Even had Windows XP removed from one PC and reloaded (On advice of HP, bless them)
4) Tried a new printer (Hence having 2 now! I must be mad or desparate)
5) Asked HP for a patch - they said no need
I am wondering if I may be going mad or missing something obvious, please can someone give me some ideas???