9000 Continuous Ink System - Inks

Canon's latest professional printer

Moderators: gcrogers, Kevgermany, Costas L

9000 Continuous Ink System - Inks

Postby mattbarb » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy inks for a continuous ink system for a pixma 9000???
Also can someone recommend a good brand as I've heard mixed reviews with the inks?

Many thanks,

Matthew
mattbarb

Re: 9000 Continuous Ink System - Inks

Postby Simon Simpson » Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 pm

As far as I am aware there is no continuous ink system for the Pro9000 nor the Pro9500.
Simon Simpson

Postby ivanalbright » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi, my first post here and i thought I'd help. I have not used a CIS but I this may help

a user on Amazon reviewed the pixma pro 9000 mkII and said he used a continuous ink system from SUPERJETUSA and that he found them on eBay. note however that he also updated his review a few weeks later saying that the CIS started leaking all over the inside of the printer (800ml of ink or more) causing him hours and hours of cleanup and a ton of wasted ink. The seller was not helpful in fixing the problem apparently, so i don't know if that would be a good choice.

I also found http://www.echostore.com offered one for the 9000, though I only found it through a random google search and do not know if they are trustworthy or if their CIS works. the direct link was http://www.echostore.com/continuous-ink-9000.html

so again, I can't necessarily recommend either of these but it seems they do exist. supposedly the first CIS I mentioned holds 80x the amount of ink in a regular cartridge from canon and was therefore extremely cheap on ink usage.

Myself, I am more interested in options for refilling single cartridges with the pixma 9000 since I will not be printing more than say 20 prints of various sizes a month. Is it easy/possible to do, any suggestions on where to buy ink, instructions on refilling, quality /results opinions? Any help is appreciated!
ivanalbright

Postby aliciarohail » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:00 am

Has anybody tried refilling the cartridges for the 9000 (not using a continuous ink system)? Is it easy, worth it, where is it recommended to buy the ink? And any instructions or tutorials you've found would be helpful.
ALICIAROHAIL
aliciarohail

Return to Canon Pro 9000 printer