Ink Aid Precoat

Use this forum to discuss, printing techniques, media, inks and other matters relating to producing Fine Art Prints.

Moderators: gcrogers, Kevgermany, Costas L

Ink Aid Precoat

Postby varoomshka » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Does anyone on the forum have any experience of using Ink Aid?
This is a pre inkjet coating, painted on and allowed to dry for materials of your own choice. It is water based.
This product has appeared on the Silverprint web site and would seem to be suitable for a really lovely watercolour paper I have a good supply of, but gives flat and uninteresting printouts in its present state.
Bockingford paper from the Somerset range is basically a watercolour paper, but is now available for inkjet use with a special precoat.
Would this Ink Aid be a similar treatment?
varoomshka
varoomshka

Re: Ink Aid Precoat

Postby bez » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:35 pm

varoomshka wrote:Bockingford paper from the Somerset range is basically a watercolour paper, but is now available for inkjet use with a special precoat. Would this Ink Aid be a similar treatment?
varoomshka

I would guess so, but given we can already get nice ready-made 'watercolour' papers, is it worth the time and trouble?
Try it and see - we would be very interested to know how you get on...
bez

Ink Aid Precoat

Postby varoomshka » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks for your comments bez, it's just that I have a whole ream of A2 heavyweight (290gsm) watercolour paper!
varoomshka

Re: Ink Aid Precoat

Postby jrhilton » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 am

varoomshka wrote:Thanks for your comments bez, it's just that I have a whole ream of A2 heavyweight (290gsm) watercolour paper!

I've seen this product too and am interested to know what its like too.....it does however seem to be quite expensive and each product is specific to a certain paper type too.......question is, how easy is it to get an even coat....

Let us know if you give the stuff a try!
jrhilton

Return to Fine Art Printing