Epson Premium Semi -Gloss.

Use this forum to discuss, printing techniques, media, inks and other matters relating to producing Fine Art Prints.

Moderators: gcrogers, Kevgermany, Costas L

Epson Premium Semi -Gloss.

Postby Colin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:39 pm

I used to purchase my Epson premium semi gloss A4 paper from either MX2 or 7-Daysshop.com but both firms have now stopped stocking it. 7-Daysshop stocks A3+ and A3 only not A4. It was always good value as there is no VAT @ 17.5% tax. So does anyone know a good firm to purchase A4 Epson Premium semi gloss from in the UK. Or even a good alternative for my R2400 printer.
Colin :?
Colin

Re: Epson Premium Semi -Gloss.

Postby Colin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Is nobody able to give any suggestions on this?
Colin :shock:
Colin

Postby jrhilton » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Colin wrote:Is nobody able to give any suggestions on this?
Colin :shock:
jrhilton

Postby DavidW » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:57 pm

As with any consumable item, the best thing to do can be to put the part number into Google Shopping (which gets rid of a lot of the 'noise') and try one or two of your favourite suppliers directly. In this case, the part number is S041332 according to the Epson web site, which leads to these Google results.

However, some supplies list VAT inclusive prices with Google, some list VAT exclusive and some list prices that are just wrong. Shipping isn't taken into account either. The cheapest supplier currently on Google (Memory Megastore) seems to have some very odd policies. I find that LambdaTek tend to be about the cheapest for many computer products - right now, they want £10.89 a pack (including VAT but not shipping), though their prices fluctuate and their shipping policies may favour a larger order.

If you have a decent rotary trimmer (or similar) you could try cutting down one A3 sheet into two A4 sheets. I have a Rotatrim and would be prepared to give it a go - though there's always a fear of damaging the surface of photo paper.
DavidW

Postby poah » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:31 pm

consider 7dayshops own semi-gloss which I've used in the past and also the very excelent ilford smooth pearl which is also avalable at 7dayshop
poah

Postby Colin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

David, xlshop.com looks the best, it is a Channell Island Firm so there is no VAT. You can order up to six items on one order for £1.99 postage. I will take a closer look at what all they sell and give them an order.
Thank you and the others for your imput. Although this is a small forum compared to others I have always found it to be the most helpful.
Colin :lol:
Colin

Return to Fine Art Printing