Canon PIXMA Pro9500 or HP B9180

Use this forum to discuss, printing techniques, media, inks and other matters relating to producing Fine Art Prints.

Moderators: gcrogers, Kevgermany, Costas L

Re: Canon PIXMA Pro9500 or HP B9180

Postby bez » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:27 pm

The bold statement applied to paper manufacturers rather than end-users, whatever the virtues, or faults of any particular printer.
Interesting what you say about stability/consistency; can’t say I’ve noticed any drift over 2 years with a 3800, but perhaps I should look again, although I don’t do a lot of colour … shall trawl through the archived prints - mostly rejects :roll:
bez

Postby gcrogers » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 pm

I think what Bez meant was from the perspective of the paper manufacturers, and thusly the supplier of corresponding profiles, that they would be out of the game, not you! :)

Bez is a true gentleman and he really knows his printers. He just can't write. :P :P :P

edit: Oops, I didn't see Bez's reply. I'll keep this here just to razz him.
Cheers,
-Greg
gcrogers
Site Admin

Postby bez » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 am

Thank you Greg, yes my statement was a little blunt and perhaps open to misreading :wink: :P
And despite your kind words I really only know three Epson printers (unsurprisingly) although I have closely studied output from many others, along with the numerous posts and reviews here in the forum.
bez

Previous

Return to Fine Art Printing