Matt, Lustre, Or Gloss For Landscapes?

Use this forum to discuss, printing techniques, media, inks and other matters relating to producing Fine Art Prints.

Moderators: gcrogers, Kevgermany, Costas L

Matt, Lustre, Or Gloss For Landscapes?

Postby jonathan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:49 am

Different paper types seem to lend themselves to different applications and subjects, so I was wondering what you use for landscapes - matt, lustre or gloss. Any reccomendations for lower-priced papers would be greatly appreciated.
jonathan

Re: Matt, Lustre, Or Gloss For Landscapes?

Postby jonathan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 am

thanks to everyone for the suggestions. as i have an epson printer, i'll give the premium semi-gloss a try i think.
jonathan

Re: Matt, Lustre, Or Gloss For Landscapes?

Postby Paul Warner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Have you tried Somerset Velvet Enhanced? It`s a lovely paper with a real fine art feel (and made in the U.K., in Somerset.......possibly important in these troubled times). Treated correctly it will give results close to the subtlety and emotional imapct of a (monochrome) Platinum print...... plus really fine colour reproduction and a long tonal range. Also, some of the D-max mentioned above can be regained by judicious use of one of the proprietry sprays, although it isn`t strictly necessary since there is rarely a true black in nature, despite what the pundits might say. As an artist, the use of black pigment seldom happens in a painting!
Paul Warner

Return to Fine Art Printing